Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Busy Day Beef & Noodle Soup

I didn't have much time to make dinner Monday night so I grabbed a good ole reliable quickie from my recipe binder.

It's a real hearty, flavorful soup for being so quick to make.  Plus it's perfect to take to work for lunch.  The more times you make it, your mind starts to wander and you start thinking of other things to throw into it; like a handful of barley, or a cup of canned kidney beans, or some diced canned tomatoes.  You get the picture.

I grabbed a loaf of crusty French bread and a bagged salad, and that did the trick.  It looked like I planned the whole thing.  Which I didn't.




1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. chopped carrot
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. chopped celery

QUICK TIP:  Since I never really use celery that often, I hate to buy a bunch of celery for just 1/2 cup.  So I just went to the salad bar at my grocery store and they have celery already chopped.  I also bought a bag of the tiny baby carrots instead of a "bunch".  That way you can munch on the leftovers with Ranch dip during the week.  That way you don't have a whole bunch of carrots and a head of celery that you will never use again.

7 c. water
1 envelope Au Jus Mix
2 Tbsp. Beef Bullion Granules
2 c. uncooked wide egg noodles

Fry hamburger with onion, carrots and celery in large pot.  Drain oil.  Add water, au jus envelope and beef granules to hamburger mixture.  Bring to a boil.  Add noodles.  Return to boil,  Turn to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until noodles are tender.

Click here for a Printable Version

No comments:

Post a Comment