Friday, October 22, 2010

I've Been Called Evil Caramel Sauce

I've been called Evil becauase of this.


Out and out, finger in my face, Evil. That's what I was called after giving this recipe to a friend and she tried it the very next day. Thanks Diana!

I've heard the cooks on TV mention over the years.... "You could use the store-bought caramel sauce, but there is nothing like making your own".  I would snicker "yea, yea, what a pain though.  Forget it".

Well what a fool I've been for all these years.  It's NOT a pain, and they are right....there is nothing like making your own.  I guess that's why they have their own TV show and I don't.

If you want to be called Evil....I suggest you make this right away before Halloween is over.  Otherwise you will be called Evil during Christmas, and that just ain't good.

You can make this delicious bit of heaven and put it in plastic containers or jars, and give them as a gift with some Honey Crisp Apples, or a container of Vanilla Ice Cream.  You will be the most loved Evil person on your block.

1 stick butter
1/2 c. mild honey
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Apples or Pears for dipping or vanilla ice cream


Mix together  honey and butter and sugar in saucepan. Turn on med. high heat while stirring constantly.  Bring the mixture to rolling bubbling boil for 2 minutes while continuing to stir constantly.

Add condensed milk and mix well, keeping the stirring and heat constant until completely mixed through. Store in airtight containers in the fridge. To warm up, use microwave on a low setting.

4 comments:

  1. This is so good. I use this recipe all of the time. I only add about 1/4 cup of honey though. I've made it both ways and feel like 1/2 cup is a little over powering and the consistency is less thick as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with the 1/4 cup of honey!

      Delete
  2. Easier less expensive recipes:

    1 can condensed sweetened milk (or more) closed cans put in pan, covered with water and boil for 6 hours on stove top. Open, it is now caramel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, that is dulce de leche. similar but definitely not caramel :)

      Delete