Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dean's Kick in the Head SPICY CHEESY Pasta

Dean Martin is my Hero, and I believe he said it best when he sang...."Ain't that a Kick in the Head".

I LOVE Pasta.  So did Dean. (He's Italian after all)

I LOVE Cheese. So did Dean.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE anything spicy....with a "Bite"...a "Zing".......a....how you say.....  "A Kick in the Head" .

So this dish is named after my hero, Dean Martin.  I love you Dino!

Dean's Kick in the Head Spicy Cheesy Pasta

Look who's trying out for the part:




1 (16 ounce) box Penne Pasta
2 cans Rotel Original
1 (16 ounce) container Sour Cream
1 (16 ounce) box MEXICAN Velveeta (not regular!)
1 very small can Chopped Jalapenos (You will only use 1/4 of this can but ya gotta have em)

In one large pot, get your water starting to boil for your pasta.  Cook as the pasta package directs you to.

Start dicing up your Velveeta in cubes.  It's easier to melt this way.  See all the little specks in there?  That's the Mexican Velveeta.  Be sure to get that and not the regular Velveeta.  It's a little hard to find, but ya gotta have it!



Now, add the sour cream and the 2 cans of Rotel.  Now comes the best part.
Open up that can of Diced Jalapenos.


And scoop in a fourth of the can into the Velveeta mixture.



This is how much I normally put in.  And trust me.  This is a good Kick in the Head.  Not so hot that you can't eat it.  But not for the faint of heart either. 

This is how much is actually left in the can.



Now after the dish is all combined, and if you want even more of a Kick, by all means, add more!
Personally, I would add more, but I don't want my family members yelling and screaming and tearing up on me.

Once the pasta has finished.  Strain and put back into the large pot.

Your Velveeta goodness should all be mixed together and melted by now.

Pour sweetly over the waiting Penne.



Start combining the two.  Warning, at this point your mouth starts watering and you might break out into a Dean Martin song.

At first it might appear a bit runny, but after it sets about 5 minutes, it will thicken up just perfectly.


Here's to you Dean!  That's AMORE!

Isn't he so handsome?
I love ya Dean!



1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!!!! I HAVE to make this tomorrow!!!! Love your favorite niece.... ;)

    ReplyDelete